After investing in a professional carpet cleaning service, it’s essential to maintain your carpet to ensure it stays clean and fresh for as long as possible. Here are some tips to help you keep your carpet in top condition after a professional cleaning.
- One of the simplest ways to maintain your carpet after a cleaning is to vacuum it regularly. Vacuuming helps to remove dirt, dust, and debris that can accumulate on your carpet, making it look dull and dingy. It’s recommended to vacuum your carpet at least once a week, and more often if you have pets or high-traffic areas.
- Entrance mats placed at the front and back doors of your home can help to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto your carpet. This is especially important after a professional carpet cleaning, as it will help to keep your newly cleaned carpet looking fresh for longer. Make sure to clean your entrance mats regularly to prevent them from becoming a source of dirt and debris themselves.
- Accidents happen, and spills are inevitable. However, it’s important to clean up spills promptly to prevent them from setting into your carpet fibers. Use a clean, absorbent cloth to blot up the spill, starting at the edges and working your way inwards. Avoid rubbing the spill, as this can cause it to spread and damage your carpet fibers. If the spill leaves a stain, use a carpet stain remover specifically designed for your carpet type.
- Wearing shoes indoors can track dirt, dust, and debris onto your carpet, undoing the hard work of your oxygenie carpet cleaning service. Encourage your family and guests to remove their shoes when entering your home and provide them with slippers or indoor shoes to wear instead.
- Furniture can leave indents in your carpet fibers, which can become permanent over time. To prevent this, try to rotate your furniture periodically to distribute the weight and prevent it from leaving permanent marks on your carpet. This is especially important for heavy furniture such as sofas and beds.
- While steam cleaning is an effective way to deep clean your carpet, over-wetting can damage your carpet fibers and cause mold and mildew growth. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your carpet cleaning machine and avoid over-wetting your carpet. If your carpet feels damp after cleaning, open windows and turn on fans to help it dry more quickly.
- Even with regular maintenance, your carpet will eventually need another professional cleaning. It’s recommended to schedule a professional carpet cleaning every 12-18 months, depending on the amount of foot traffic and use your carpet receives. This will help to keep your carpet looking and smelling fresh, as well as prolong its lifespan.
Investing in a professional carpet cleaning service is an excellent way to deep clean your carpet and remove dirt and stains. However, it’s up to you to maintain your carpet to ensure it stays clean and fresh for as long as possible.